Rapid Fire Questions with Alex Wideman
1. Favourite team growing up
“St. Louis Blues”
2. Favourite athletes from any sport
“Definitely Tiger Woods. My favourite Blue player growing up was Chris Pronger. I was also a big fan of Lebron James and Kobe Bryant.”
3. Street hockey or pond hockey?
“I wish I could’ve played pond hockey. It never got cold enough so we’re always stuck playing in the street. If I had a choice I would’ve loved to play pond hockey.”
4. What’s your go-to pump up song
“Forever by Lil Wayne”
5. Go-to offseason cheat-day meal
“I like Krispy Kreme donuts, so if I can find them at the store or gas station I’ll go in and grab some.”
6. Favourite road city?
“This year it has to be Allen, Texas. It’s not too far from Dallas.”
7. Favourite show to binge-watch?
“Friday Night Lights”
8. Toughest player you’ve fought?
“I’ve only ever been in one fight and it was in juniors. I couldn’t tell you who it was. But other than that, the toughest player that I’ve ever lined up against in a faceoff was Cam Janssen. When I had my first American League stint, we played against Albany which is where he was playing at that point.”
9. What’s your go-to penalty shot/shootout move?
“Hopefully not a lot of goalies read this. I’m more of a shooter than a deker and I like to go low blocker.”
10. What’s your favourite all star skills event?
“I’d say puck relay. Going around cones and handling the puck is my strong suit.”